Monday, September 01, 2008

Dual Screens with Nvidia 5200

According to the official specs, my video card cannot output video to two monitors at the same time. There have been many times where I would have liked to set up this feature, but could not. Over the summer I have had one monitor hooked up to my computer, while another monitor was hooked up to my brothers computer. Today is the day that I move into Vancouver, so I was messing around with the monitors to get my X.org settings ready for some monitor switching, and what do I discover? I can output to both monitors at the same time. This must have been a new feature of a recent Nvidia driver, or maybe it's doing it in error, and my video card is going to overheat and burnout. I now have about one hour to play around with Twinview, et cetera, before I have to pack up the computer and leave. Why couldn't I have discovered this at the *start* of the summer?

No comments: